Sunday 20 March 2011

Sponsorship

It's great having a sponsor, Paul and Lisa at Hilderthorpe Cycles/Cyclelife have now been sponsoring me since 2008. They have been great and are firm friends as well as sponsors. The race bike needed some work done before my first race on the 3rd April in Hull. I went up to see Paul and Lisa on Saturday and Paul spent a solid couple of hours putting new cables on the bike (a real pain in the you know what due to them all being internally routed) set up the gears and also had to tighten up the bottom bracket. As a result the bike is running like clockwork now and has been cleaned and degreased, re-oiled and is now ready for the first race of the year. Hopefully I can do the bike justice in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to racing, it's been a very long winter. I see that both Sag's and Pete Norris had superb results in their first race of the year at the Dambuster Duathlon, congratulations to both of them. I've just been away for a week on a course for work, I managed to get some training in and of course I had the bike with me. I will try and get back into a routine this week, and I have cross country on Wednesday afternoon to look forward to. I think that's all for now.

Edit,
Pete was DQ'd, not sure why but I believe he would of been top 5 overall.

3 comments:

Sags said...

Poor Pete had a 2 min penalty for a helmet violation in T2 and then DQd for crossing the centre line on the road at some point.

He is just a rebel! Seriously, he is in fantastic shape. This season could be the Daz & Pete doouble act!!

Michael said...

It was the Police who picked him up! 4 people DQ'd all by the Police who are talking of prosecution under the road act.

Dangerous riding of pedal cycle, there is a section in the JSP731 if you have time.

Sags said...

Doh! Are you serious?1