Wednesday 30 March 2011

One season ends and the next starts Sunday


Well the X Country season finished today with the Cranwell race. I managed to do 7 out of the 8 races in the Lincolnshire league, on Sunday my triathlon season starts with the Humber Sprint. I wanted to run nice and steady today so I tried a negative split for the first time in a race. The course was 2 laps so I ran the first lap behind Pete Norris and then on the second lap picked up the pace and opened up a gap quickly on Pete and passed another lad to move up to 5th. The league is your best 6 races to count and I managed to finish 3rd overall getting a nice trophy, and also picked up a prize as a member of the winning "A" team from Waddington. I'm a bit nervous about Sunday as its my first tri since the Vitruvian way back at the start of September. I don't know how my biking is and swimming isn't going great but looks like i'm running ok. Guess i'll find out Sunday!

No comments: