Friday 4 March 2011

Main races now in place

I've gone through a few weeks now thinking out what would be my game plan for this season. I qualified to represent GB at the European Long Distance Championships early Feb although I knew I would given the results I had last year. I've now entered 5 races so far for 2011 although it's 6 including the European Champs. So my races so far are The Beaver middle distance in May, The Dambuster in June, Antwerp 70.3 in July, European Champs in August, The Vitruvian in September and the Isle of Man End to End Mountain Bike Race. I will fill in some of the gaps with a couple of sprint and Olympic distance events very soon. Antwerp 70.3 is a month before the European Long Course, the timing couldn't be better for me as I will recover well and hopefully be in great shape at the Euros. I've been very lucky with great support from the RAF Sports Lottery/Sports Board who have given me a healthy grant to assist in funding this years racing. Things look like they are finally starting to fall in to place, fingers crossed things will work out as I've planned.

4 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Congrats on the Sports lottery funding; you deserve it. Good luck this year.

Daz Sharpe said...

Cheers Turbo

Unknown said...

looks like a plan. don't do too much in between those big races!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Antwerp will be great prep for you, you'll be flying come the Europeans!