Monday 16 June 2008

Steady week ahead, 2 races in 2 days coming up!


Ran a 10k very hilly race on Thursday and the Achilles seemed to be ok. A bit tender afterward but ok. Friday was a steady 3 mile run, 25 mile bike and a swim. I had a rest day on Saturday and Sunday morning I ran a half marathon distance at training pace. Sunday night I cycled to work, did the night shift and cycled home Monday morning. The rest of the week will be really steady in preparation for the weekend. I am racing Dambuster olympic distance on Saturday which is incorporating the RAF Championships. Should be a good race and there are over 20 RAF athletes entered. We should look good in our new jackets and hopefully stand out quite nicely. Then after I've driven home after the event I have to get my wetsuit dry and wash my kit and dry it as for some stupid reason I have entered a sprint race on the Sunday at Allerthorpe. I entered it as it is a local race and also to show support for a friend doing his second ever tri and his first with an open water swim. Not sure how I will be feeling and performing after racing the day before but I will have a go anyway.

4 comments:

Sags said...

I think you should take it EZ at Dambuster Daz. You don't want to be tired for Sunday now!!

Daz Sharpe said...

i've got no pressure for Dambuster as no one on your poll has voted for me! not even my own vote was for me! Think I will just cruise at Dambuster and enjoy scenery.

Unknown said...

Like i believe that! definately a podium in each race? no pressure Daz.
In answer to your q on my blog.
i get all the team kit at the begining of the season for a small price and then depending which package i am on, for each bit of publicity i get the team, i will get money back at the end of the season, to a limit. that covers the outlay at the begining for the kit. i also get a good discount on anything i get in the shop, which depends on the item, between 10-50% the bike has to go back at the end of the season!!! shame cos i am getting to like it and the titanium now! i will probably get offered it at team prices though i expect? does that all make sense? if not give me a bell x6218
cheers
RB

Turbo Man said...

Definitely some gamesmanship going on here.

Looking forward to watching on Saturday - I will bring my waterproofs!