Tuesday 3 June 2008

A bit on the damp side

What have I been up to since my last post? Well last weeks training ended on Thursday night at the pool. A big week really with 250+ miles of biking, about 30 miles of running and about 6 miles of swimming. Friday was a rest day and all I did was my fitness test at work. Saturday was 2700m open water training, followed by an easy 20 mile bike on my MTB with Anthea on her road bike. Sunday I rested all day as I was very tired from Saturday night at work. Monday I did a 10k run with Beth following on her bike and then did a 1500m set in the pool. In the evening I cycled the 40 miles to work for nights. This morning I cycled home in torrential rain although not with an umbrella like the picture. At the end of the very wet 40 miles I changed my socks and shoes and went on a 9.5 mile run on the "three hills course" (can you guess how many climbs there are?). I felt ok setting off but on the first climb it became apparent how tired I was. Finally finished the run in a slow 1 hour 4 mins. After lunch I did a 3km set in the pool at steady pace 4x500m with 1 min rest and 1k with pull buoy to finish off. Not sure what tomorrows plan is yet I will wait and see what the weather brings I think!

3 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Trust me, 1 hour 4 mins is NOT slow for 9.5 miles!

That's some serious training (have these had the Sags factor added?)

Daz Sharpe said...

No Turbo, they are actual figures, no need to add the sags factor to numbers like that!

Sags said...

....now is this a double hit? You know, where you say it is genuine but really it is not and you add the 'Sags' factor to make me feel really bad?! Turbo man is right, it is not slow! All this blatant speed makes you the favourite for the RAF Champs at the Dambuster.....more pressure needed for you youngster! I am keeping my aim on the Vets race, where I may be competitive!