Monday 21 June 2010

Last run out before the European Champs




Well this weekend was the last race before the European Champs, the Dambuster Triathlon. I only had an hours drive now that i'm Lincoln based so that was nice. I took my cosmic carbons and the disc wheel and had a quick wander round transition to see if others were using the disc as it was quite windy. I seen a few people with the disc so decided to "man up" and go for it. The swim was uneventful and I was a little disappointed with a 24:12, the bike was going well and I passed a lot of people all the way round especially on the climbs. I felt I was going well on the bike and tried to keep the pace as high as I could. I got in to T2 and the bike time was a 1:05:56 which was quicker than I did 2 years ago by about 1:30. A good transition and I set off on the run and pushed really hard all the way round, I felt strong and although working very hard felt it was within my limits. I ran a 33:50 about 1:30 quicker than 2 years ago and crossed the line in 2:05:56. The time was good enough for 18th overall and 1st in the RAF Championships. I got home that lunch time and in the afternoon had a 2 hour sleep as I was really tired. Felt good the day after and this morning cycled 18 mile to work at a high tempo which also felt good. Next stop Spain!!! I fly out on Thursday to take on Europe, I hope I carry the current form with me. Jase Walkley had a scary moment on Saturday but luckily for him the only damage was a flat tyre. Must have got his heart rate racing though. Glad he's ok and not suffered from it.

1 comment:

Turbo Man said...

Congratulations Daz, you seem to be in fine form. Stay healthy and race well at the Euro Champs. Best of luck.