Friday 22 August 2008

Off to the Doc again

The reality of living with colitis has hit home. I'm starting a "flare up" just 10 days before the World Championships. So pi$$ed off. I hope to catch it early with the medication I got this morning and pray it will not affect me anything like as bad as in London earlier this year. To be honest its easy to forget about it having had such a successful season in triathlon this summer, and apart from taking tablets everyday you don't think about it so much. However the reminder that you are ill is always just around the corner I guess, i'm going to try not to get too upset about it and be positive. Holland here I come!!!!

6 comments:

Iron Girl said...

That's a tough break Daz. Here's hoping your medication works and you can race well at Almere.

Turbo Man said...

That is tough Daz. Is it brought on by stress or something else? Are you apprehensive about Almere (I'm sure many would understand if you were)?

Hope the medication sorts you out. Best of luck.

Sags said...

Stay positive dude. You will ome good on 31 August. Looking forward to that classic race nutrition provided by the Dutch......current buns!!

Sags said...

Stay positive dude. You will ome good on 31 August. Looking forward to that classic race nutrition provided by the Dutch......current buns!!

Sags said...

.....why that came out twice, I have no idea!

Unknown said...

all the best Daz, enjoy it, the hard work is done and you are flying! i hope you stay fit